Glen Harvie is a Parks Victoria Approved mooring contractor. He specialises in new installations, and rebuilds and certifications of existing moorings, throughout Victoria. We have traditional and environmentally friendly mooring solutions for vessels from 5m to 30m.
Contact Glen Harvie on 0417 332 533
ENVIRONMENTAL MOORING SLING
Our environmentally friendly mooring strop is an Australian first, eliminating electrolysis, rust and damage to the seabed. We have trialled our mooring sling in Westernport Bay for the last 4 years. After initial trials of 12 months, Parks Victoria approved them for installation in both Port Phillip and Westernport Bays. Our mooring slings are available from 8 tonne to 300 tonne capacity in lengths from 6m to 25m.
- Eliminates electrolysis and wear
- Reduces damage to the seabed by 90% over conventional moorings
- Significantly longer life than chains
- Tailor-made for your specific location
- Nylon core encased in a specially treated rubber sheath
- Durable rubber cover resists cuts and abrasions
- It can stretch up to 20% more than its length, providing superior shock absorption
- The rubber cover is UV resistant and salt water stabilised
- Sling is clearly marked with a tag showing serial number and load capacity
- The serial number enables tracing through our database